You are being redirected...

Terraza Creative is now Creative Ever After

Destination Wedding Save the Date Card/Package

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Destination Wedding Save the Date Card/Package

 

For my sister's upcoming wedding on the island of Kauai, I wanted to create a save-the-date card that would stand out from your typical announcement. I also knew I wanted the card to be three-dimensional and have a separate information card that could be removed and used as a magnet. I came across an image of a vintage island girl and was immediately inspired!

The design alone was a multi-step process. At first we wanted the card to be a pop-up, similar to a Nordstrom gift card holder I received:
 
(The gift card was located on top of the tree background)

Once I figured out the mechanics of a pop-up card I was ready to continue with the design process. The idea was always to send the card in a natural kraft box.
(This was the first prototype of the card)

During the design process I decided to omit the original card idea and make the shipping box part of the announcement:

Still three-dimensional but less complicated in terms of construction!

The island girl was attached to the right and bottom interiors of the box with double-sided tape keeping it in the foreground. The informational "luggage tag" was secured through hidden slits in the background image. For the top of the box we stamped an image of a palm tree and embossed it with embossing ink and used a terrra cotta embossing powder to tie in with the colors used inside the box.


The address label:






No comments:

Post a Comment